Wow! This week has been so crazy busy.. it was crazy! Apart from getting sick and believing I was going to die (Seriously I would have preferred to be locked away in a cage full of hungry lions than feel the way I did… might be a slight exaggeration, but ya get my drift!)
So yeah, getting sick was definitely not on the to do list for this week… I had to complete an online assessment for uni – which i’m glad I called in sick for work cause instead of sleeping my sickness off, I sat infront of a computer all day, overwhelming my brain with information which I knew nothing about, trying to make sense of it all (Probably should have paid more attention in the lectures!) But I managed to get it submitted with an hour to spare! Winning!
& How’s this for ultimate laziness – I ordered pizza online for dinner and had it delivered! I had so much food in the fridge, so many better choices & would have saved me some cashola… but nup! I wanted pizza! Crust has amazing GF Pizza bases.. the best! So i thought that since it as pizza, I would load it with veggies and no cheese! It was the healthiest looking, filthiest tasting pizza ever. SO GOOD! Theres still 3/4 of it sitting in my fridge… Someone come eat it!
I had all good intentions to attend both of my yoga classes this week, but life got in the way. Soz Yoga! So my body is a little bit tight and un-yogafied this week, its all good though. I’ll get back on it next week when I have my health back & I may even drag my mum along. She doesn’t know this yet though, so lets surprise her – i’ll keep you updated 🙂
So every morning i’ve been smashing down the smoothies – experimenting a little bit with what I am adding to them bitta this, bitta that!
I always pretty much start with a base of frozen banana, frozen blueberries & Coconut water and then add things from there…
This week i’ve discovered that bee pollen tastes amazing blended through the mix – gives it a subtle sweet taste… Its kind of hard to describe – one would think that it would taste like honey, but only slightly! AND ITS SO GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!
Bee pollen is an amazing superfood! It contains approx. 40% protein and has almost all of the nutrients required by humans! We’ve all heard that we need amino acids? Well about half of the protein in the bee pollen is in the from of free amino acids which are ready to be sucked up by the body.. also vitamins including B-complex and folic acid.
According to researchers at the Institute of Apiculture, Taranov, Russia, “Honeybee pollen is the richest source of vitamins found in Nature in a single food. Even if bee pollen had none of its other vital ingredients, its content of rutin alone would justify taking at least a teaspoon daily, if for no other reason than strengthening the capillaries. Pollen is extremely rich in rutin and may have the highest content of any source, plus it provides a high content of the nucleics RNA [ribonucleic acid] and DNA [deoxyribonucleic acid].”
10 REASONS BEE POLLEN IS AMAZING FOR YOU!!
1. Energy Enhancer – The range of nutrients found within bee pollen makes it a great natural energizer. The carbohydrates, protein and B vitamins can help keep you going all day by enhancing stamina and fighting off fatigue.
2. Skin Soother – Bee pollen is often used in topical products that aim to treat inflammatory conditions and common skin irritations like psoriasis or eczema. The amino acids and vitamins protect the skin and aid the regeneration of cells.
3. Respiratory System – Bee pollen contains a high quantity of antioxidants that may have an anti-inflammatory effect on the tissues of the lungs, preventing the onset of asthma.
4. Treating Allergies – Pollen reduces the presence of histamine, ameliorating many allergies. Dr. Leo Conway, M.D of Denver Colorado, reported that 94 percent of his patients were completely free from allergy symptoms once treated with oral feeding of pollen. Everything from asthma to allergies to sinus problems were cleared, confirming that bee pollen is wonderfully effective against a wide range of respiratory diseases.
5. Digestive System – In addition to healthful vitamins, minerals and protein, bee pollen contains enzymes that can aid in digestion. Enzymes assist your body in getting all the nutrients you need from the food that you eat.
6. Immune System Booster – Pollen is good for the intestinal flora and thereby supports the immune system. According to holistic health expert Dr. Joseph Mercola, bee pollen has antibiotic-type properties that can help protect the body from contracting viruses. It’s also rich in antioxidants that protect the cells from the damaging oxidation of free radicals.
7. Treats Addictions – Used holistically for healing addictions and inhibiting cravings by suppressing impulses. Because bee pollen crashes cravings, it is a very useful research is needed into this benefit, particularly when it comes to weight management.
8. Supports the Cardiovascular System – Bee Pollen contains large amounts of Rutin; an antioxidant bioflavonoid that helps strengthen capillaries, blood vessels, assists with circulatory problems and corrects cholesterol levels. Its potent anti-clotting powers could help prevent heart attack and stroke.
9. Prostate Aid – Men who suffer from benign prostate hyperplasia can find relief by using bee pollen. Bee pollen can help reduce inflammation to stop frequent urges to urinate.
10. Infertility Problems – Bee pollen stimulates and restores ovarian function, therefore may be used to assist in accelerating pregnancy. As well as being a hormonal booster it is also a great aphrodisiac!